Lancaster Civic Vision
The voice of Lancaster Civic Society and Lancaster Vision
For over fifty years, since its inception in 1967, the Lancaster Civic Society – now known as Lancaster Civic Vision – has overseen the preservation of the heritage of the Lancaster and Morecambe district, and its outstanding natural beauty, whilst assisting in its future development.
Our objectives are:
To promote and encourage the following objects within the area administered by the Lancaster City Council:
- To improve the quality of life for the people of this area by charitable means but not otherwise
- To encourage high standards of architecture and town planning
- To stimulate public interest and care for the beauty, history, and character of the area
- To encourage and actively participate in the preservation, development, and improvement of features of general public amenity or historical interest
- to engage with, co-operate with, and assist any and all regulatory, statutory, corporate and other bodies in the economic development and regeneration of the area
- To pursue these ends by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, publications, and other forms of instruction and publicity, and promotion of schemes of a charitable nature
Lancaster Civic Vision commend Lancaster City Council for establishing a Citizens Jury on Climate Change and we generally support their recommendations.
Accordingly, Lancaster Civic Vision has made the following commitments:
- To review our charitable objectives to make explicit reference to combatting climate change.
- To take account of climate change in our practices, activities, events and meetings.
- To inform our local community about how the Civic Society is responding to the challenges the planet is facing, by developing local initiatives, and highlighting practical actions to combat climate change.
- To support and develop the capacity and skills of individuals and communities, to understand and act to conserve, protect, and improve the environment of our locality
Lancaster Civic Vision is the operating name for Lancaster Civic Society – Registered Charity No. 258434 – and its sub group Lancaster Vision
To download and view a copy of the Lancaster Civic Society constitution click the below link: